Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 03 dezembro 2018We discovered a spam campaign that uses .PUB as a macro-downloader targeting the financial, food and retail industries. The combination with detection evasion makes this malware unique and more dangerous, especially during the busiest time of the year for busi
- 03 dezembro 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- 29 novembro 2018Advertising for legal services is slowly but surely advancing. Lawyers first won the right to advertise in newspapers, then they progressed to phone books, and now they have moved online.
- 29 novembro 2018A Node.js module with nearly two million downloads a week was compromised after the library was injected with malicious code programmed to steal bitcoins in wallet apps.
- 27 novembro 2018In our continued exploration of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) underground, we noticed several changes since our previous investigation. Cybercriminals started using a new form of communication to transact, and the stolen goods-to-cash ecosystem sudde
- 22 novembro 2018As people prepare for Thanksgiving meals and Black Friday deals, cybercriminals prep to take advantage of the holidays to spread malware — and not holiday cheer — to unsuspecting victims with a spam campaign and a Black Friday phishing scam.
- 12 novembro 2018Consumers are increasingly turning to online shopping to get their holiday lists done. Unfortunately, cybercriminals are also expected to take advantage of the consumer rush. Here's how you can protect yourself this shopping season.
- 08 novembro 2018We recently encountered a cryptocurrency-mining malware affecting Linux systems. It is notable for being bundled with a rootkit component that hides the malicious process’ presence from monitoring tools.
- 07 novembro 2018An event like the World Cup raises security issues, and it's not just about the need to physically secure everything from the venues and the audience to the players and delegates -- digital security is just as important.