Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 28 junho 2019Criminal sellers are peddling ready-to-use ATM malware in underground markets for hacking into banks. In this report, we discuss how criminals advertise and even provide instructions on how to pull off a digital heist.
- 27 junho 2019The Silex malware quickly spread and wiped IoT devices’ firmware. The malware, which only operated for a day or so, has already managed to brick thousands of IoT devices.
- 25 junho 2019The relatively new ransomware Sodinokibi is already using an array of vectors to infect victims. Aside from using spam and phishing emails, the group behind this malware continues to add more delivery methods to their arsenal.
- 24 junho 2019A report from Anti-Phishing Working Group reveals that 58% of all phishing websites now use the HTTPS protocol.
- 19 junho 2019Baltimore City and County governments, Ohio-based NEO Urology, and Talley Medical Surgical Eyecare in Indiana are still in recovery efforts after ransomware incidents caused daily operations to be temporarily suspended.
- 14 junho 2019Two hacking groups have been spotted attacking vulnerable Exim email servers, trying to exploit CVE-2019-10149. One group uses a public internet server, and another a server on the dark web.
- 13 junho 2019Fortune 500 company Quest Diagnostics, LabCorp, and billing provider American Medical Collection Agency (AMCA) are facing multiple class-action lawsuits after cybercriminals breached the web payment page of AMCA over an eight-month period.
- 11 junho 2019Two major breaches, one at the US Custom and Border Protection and another a a retro gaming site, highlight the need for effective data protection.
- 10 junho 2019An active Microsoft Office and Wordpad spam campaign is targeting European users with files that allow attackers to exploit the CVE-2017-11882 vulnerability.