Trend Micro messaging security products provide protection against targeted attacks with enhanced web reputation, an advanced threat scan detection engine, social engineering attack protection, and a threat analysis appliance that blocks highly targeted email attacks by using sandbox execution analysis. Integration of these components provides a network defense that enables you to detect, analyze, adapt, and respond to targeted attacks.
INTERSCAN MESSAGING SECURITY COMPONENTS
InterScan Messaging Security has been enriched with built-in protections against targeted attacks.
- Enhanced Web Reputation blocks emails with malicious URLs in the message body or in attachments. Its powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ which correlates threat information with big data analytics and predictive technology
- Advanced Threat Scan Engine detects advanced malware in Adobe PDF, MS Office, and other documents formats using static and heuristic logic to detect known and zero-day exploits. When integrated with Deep Discovery Analyzer, it quarantines suspicious attachments for automatic sandbox execution analysis which occurs in-line without impacting the delivery of majority of messages
- Social Engineering Attack Protection identifies targeted attack emails by correlating email components such as the header, body, and network routing
DEEP DISCOVERY ANALYZER COMPONENTS (ADDITIONAL PURCHASE)
Deep Discovery Analyzer is a hardware appliance that provides sandboxing, deep threat analysis, and local security updates in a unified intelligence platform that is the heart of Trend Micro Network Defense.
- Custom Threat Analysis provides automatic in-depth simulation analysis of potentially malicious attachments, including executables and common office documents in a secure sandbox environment. It allows customers to create and analyze multiple customized target images that precisely match their host environments
- Custom Threat Intelligence analyzes logs of Trend Micro products and third-party solutions combined with Trend Micro threat intelligence to provide in-depth insights for risk-based incident assessment, containment and remediation
- Adaptive Security Updates issues custom security updates on new malicious download sites and targeted attack command and control (C&C) locations found during sandbox analysis. Custom updates enable adaptive protection and remediation by Trend Micro endpoint, data center, and web security products, and third-party security layers