- February 23, 2021The upheavals of 2020 challenged the limits of organizations and users, and provided openings for malicious actors. A robust cybersecurity posture can help equip enterprises and individuals amid a continuously changing threat landscape.
- February 03, 2021Ransomware continues the trend of targeted attacks but with the added challenge of double extortion. Organizations need to be one step ahead of such coercive tactics to avoid potential disruptions, financial losses, and reputational damage.
- December 18, 2020We discovered a Negasteal variant that uses hastebin to filelessly deliver Crysis ransomware to the victim's system.
- November 04, 2020Starting this year, Ryuk began using another dropper called BazarLoader (also known as BazarBackdoor), which is primarily distributed via phishing emails that contain either malicious attachments or links to websites that host malware.
- September 24, 2020Our infographic shows how Trend Micro XDR is designed to combat threats like Ryuk using machine learning and analytics to correlate various events across multiple layers.
- August 26, 2020Our 2020 Midyear Security Roundup delves into the pertinent challenges faced amid a pandemic, including Covid-19-related threats and targeted ransomware attacks. Read more as we share how to secure systems in this increasingly precarious landscape.
- April 20, 2020Maze ransomware, notorious for not just encrypting but for stealing victims’ data, attacks a US IT firm. The company sent emails to customers which include IP addresses and file hashes that have been linked to previous Maze attacks.
- April 03, 2020Trend Micro’s Managed XDR (MxDR) and Incident Response (IR) teams recently investigated an incident involving a company that was hit by the Nefilim ransomware.
- March 23, 2020New ransomware variant Nefilim is distributed through exposed Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and threatens to release stolen data to the public.