- February 19, 2016The US federal court has ordered Apple to comply with an FBI request to unlock the iPhone of one of the San Bernardino shooters. Here’s why Apple said "no," and why it matters.
- January 28, 2016In 2014 alone, cybercriminals hacked and exposed the personal information of 110 million Americans—nearly half of the US adult population. In light of Data Privacy Day, here’s what you can do to learn from past security mistakes.
- December 04, 2015Trend Micro CTO Raimund Genes addresses current political views on encryption, the absurdities of creating mandatory backdoors, and how it could affect data protection and cyber security.
- October 21, 2015From the use of encrypted browsers to enabling stealth mode, here are a few tips and tricks to make sure that your browsing sessions are secure and private.
- October 19, 2015Let’s Encrypt, a project run by the ISRG (Internet Security Research Group), and backed by Mozilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), Cisco, and Akamai among others, issues free encryption. What does this mean to users?
- October 06, 2015The National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is all about ensuring a safer and more secure online experience. Here's a list of resources for improving user awareness and online habits.
- August 21, 2015The hacker group that stole user data from adult network Ashley Madison dumped 10GB of files, revealing client information. But it's not just about infidelity, but more about privacy.
- August 19, 2015In a previous article, we provided a step-by-step guide on email encryption for webmail accounts. This article shows how to enable email encryption on Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- August 11, 2015While Windows 10 has been praised for merging the best of Windows 7 and 8 with new security features, it also received flak for features that could be used to violate user privacy. Does it deserve the bad rap?