- November 25, 2014Reports have implicated a sophisticated piece of malware known as Regin that has been in use for years. Designed to carry out long-term stealthy surveillance on would-be victims, telecom companies are believed to have been its primary targets.
- November 25, 2014While still offering a relatively safe mobile environment, the iOS platform still has it's own share of threats. Masque and Wirelurker are only the latest, but not the last, threats to target Apple device users.
- November 19, 2014Point-of-Sale terminals and environments are very often left insecure, making them excellent targets. Here is a look into some of the tools and methods used by PoS threat actors.
- November 18, 2014Wirelurker, a malware family that targets Mac and iOS devices, has been discovered to infiltrate even non-jailbroken devices. But should there be a cause for panic?
- November 12, 2014A long-running cyber espionage campaign called DarkHotel has been discovered using malware to target executives through Wi-Fi networks of hotels in the Asia-Pacific region.
- October 28, 2014Last month, a Latin American organized crime gang hacked over 14 ATMs in Malaysia, pilfering an estimated RM3mil (almost $1 million USD). While the incident only affected the banks that were hit, there are other threats that target ATM users as well.
- October 23, 2014Apple and Google recently announced updates to their mobile operating systems, with both iOS 8 and Android Lollipop sporting improved security measures.
- October 22, 2014Despite the availability of fixes related to the Sandworm vulnerability (CVE-2014-4114), new attacks related to this flaw are still being spotted. These attacks contain a new routine that could prevent detection.
- October 21, 2014Online advertisements are increasingly being used by cybercriminals as a way to harvest info or install malicous code. Find out how malicious ads work and how you can avoid being a victim of such threats.