Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- July 11, 2019A newly uncovered ransomware family was found targeting QNAP network-attached storage (NAS) devices. Named eCh0raix, the malware was reportedly designed for targeted ransomware attacks.
- July 09, 2019Microsoft found a malware campaign pushing the Astaroth info stealer into the memory of infected computers. This particular campaign was notable in its fileless distribution method and complex attack chain.
- July 05, 2019A newly discovered backdoor malware dubbed Godlua was discovered conducting DDoS attacks. Unique to this Lua-based malware is its abuse of the DNS over HTTPS (DoH) protocol to secure its communication channels.
- June 28, 2019A malicious spam campaign conducted in April used ISO image files to deliver the notorious LokiBot and NanoCore trojans.
- June 28, 2019With social media becoming more relevant to businesses today, organizations can take a proactive stance to secure it and even make it safer for everyone else connected to it.
- June 28, 2019Criminal sellers are peddling ready-to-use ATM malware in underground markets for hacking into banks. In this report, we discuss how criminals advertise and even provide instructions on how to pull off a digital heist.
- June 27, 2019The Silex malware quickly spread and wiped IoT devices’ firmware. The malware, which only operated for a day or so, has already managed to brick thousands of IoT devices.
- June 25, 2019The relatively new ransomware Sodinokibi is already using an array of vectors to infect victims. Aside from using spam and phishing emails, the group behind this malware continues to add more delivery methods to their arsenal.
- June 24, 2019A report from Anti-Phishing Working Group reveals that 58% of all phishing websites now use the HTTPS protocol.