Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- 25 luglio 2014Should smartphones be used to manage the automated home?
- 23 luglio 2014Smart grids are power grids with digital capabilities. Given the widespread control smart grids hold over public utilities, attackers are likely to target them to gain power or extort money.
- 21 luglio 2014Smart meters are already installed in many cities across the globe. As more homes are installed with smart meters, homeowners should be aware of the possible risks they may bring.
- 17 luglio 2014Use-After-Free exploits are now unheard of. Thanks to “delay free,“ an improvement deployed by Microsoft on Internet Explorer 11. With this improvement, timing to occupy freed object space becomes difficult to find for an attacker.
- 14 luglio 2014There is no silver bullet that can handle all targeted attacks that prey on organizations with varying security demands. In this article, we discuss the use of heuristics and sandboxing as complementary technologies that can go a long way against attacks.
- 08 luglio 201423 reported vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer versions 6 to 11 are now resolved thanks to the July 2014 patch. Microsoft issues a total of six security bulletins - patches for various products and Windows operating system components.
- 01 luglio 2014Isolated heap, a method where IE prepares an isolated heap for objects in IE that are prone to the use-after-free vulnerability. Isolated heap does a number of steps in occupying the memory space vacated by the object.
- 21 giugno 2014Signs operated by the North Carolina Department of Transportation were recently compromised by a hacker who changed them to read “Hacked by Sun Hacker Twitt Wth Me.”
- 17 giugno 2014A pattern emerges from the document exploits recently used by HORSMY, ESILE, FARFLI, and other targeted campaigns. Likely sourced in cybercriminal underground markets, this template exploit can be modified depending on what attackers need from their targets.