- 30 de julio de 2015Crypto-ransomware: why it's so dangerous, why it's tough to crack, and how to downgrade a potential "data disaster" into an "annoyance".
- 22 de julio de 2015What will the threat landscape look like in the next two years? How will it evolve? The "FuTuRology" project attempts to answer these questions in a series of articles that covers the future of threats to different industries.
- 10 de julio de 2015Watch what happens during a ransomware infection, from the time a user receives the email with the spiked attachment to the time the malware itself is executed.
- 16 de junio de 2015This Trend Micro research paper highlights how cybercriminals are able to use unsophisticated software to execute high-impact attacks.
- 16 de junio de 2015Videogame mods are used as a way to tweak how a game looks, feels, and works. While not inherently bad, game mods do come with a fair share of risks. Case in point: recent incidents show that they're also being used as a way to deliver malware.
- 27 de mayo de 2015A recent string of website defacements call for the release of SpyEye creator Hamza Bendelladj, codename Bx1. Trend Micro, working law enforcement, facilitated his arrest in 2013. Two years after, why is his name still making waves?
- 26 de mayo de 2015It's been around a decade since we've been introduced to ransomware. Let's take a stroll down memory lane to see how it has evolved through some of the notable cases we've tackled through the years.
- 19 de mayo de 2015The biggest incidents in the first three months of 2015 showed that even the most security-savvy users and organizations are not immune to security threats. See how they affected established security measures in the Trend Micro 2015 1Q Security Roundup.
- 11 de mayo de 2015How steganography is used to hide actual malware code in images and HTML files.