Cost is a key consideration when choosing a cybersecurity solution or vendor. To help security leaders make an informed decision that also resonates with the board, we commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a New Technology: Projected Total Economic Impact™ study to project the ROI of our cloud security platform, Trend Micro Cloud One™.
Making sense of hybrid cloud security
You know that you need a cloud security platform to protect your cloud, virtual, and physical environments, giving your IT and development teams the comprehensive security and visibility needed to detect and stop threats earlier. Convincing the boardroom to invest can be tricky, but leveraging the Forrester TEI study allows you to show the projected financial benefits of a cybersecurity platform, which puts security back in the light that the board wants to see—how is this going to help us drive forward?
In this study, Forrester took a holistic look at the projected benefits of replacing point security products with a unified hybrid cloud security platform. A platform enables organisations to reduce risks while simplifying security for IT and development teams, thanks to broad capabilities and deep integrations with widely used tools and environments. Some of the key findings included:
- Annual time saved to security administration of between 2,100 and 6,200 hours.
- Reduced cost of threat detection and response of between 19% and 27%.
- Added value to development of between 8% and 16%.
- Reduced cost of ownership of legacy security tools between 8% and 26%.
- Cost savings from reduced risk of a breach between 6% and 16%.
Six steps for success
While general facts and figures can be effective, the strongest case for implementing a hybrid cloud security platform is a customised ROI assessment. You can create your own by following this six-step checklist from Forrester below and utilising the Trend Micro Cloud One™ ROI Estimator.
- Determine how much time your security administrators will save
- Identify how your threat detection and response will improve
- Quantify the improvement to development time and release acceleration
- Calculate the reduced cost of prior security tools
- Quantify the value of reducing the risk of a security breach
- Consider the value of accelerated cloud migration, improved compliance, and improved brand reputation
Discover the full scope of tools on our website to assess your enterprise’s projected benefits of choosing a hybrid cloud security platform.