- 20 ottobre 2022From articles to hackathons, cybercriminals are resorting to crowdsourcing to find more ways to exploit systems. In this article, we tackle these contests, explore their results, and anticipate their possible impacts on the work of cybersecurity defenders.
- 24 agosto 2022Cybercriminal groups cannot operate independently. To keep their operations up and running, they need specific services provided by third parties. We investigate one such business that has been integral to the activities of a number of high-profile gangs.
- 08 agosto 2022Innovators are diving into a new and immersive virtual space, but with new technology comes new threats. We bring forward possible problematic issues that metaverse pioneers should be wary of.
- 30 novembre 2021We examine an emerging business model that involves access brokers selling direct access to organizations and stolen credentials to other malicious actors.
- 10 novembre 2021Our research paper takes a close look at the cybermercenary group Void Balaur's services, activities, and targets.
- 13 luglio 2021Our two-year research provides insights into the life cycle of exploits, the types of exploit buyers and sellers, and the business models that are reshaping the underground exploit market.
- 16 novembre 2020We take a closer look at an emerging underground market that is driven by malicious actors who sell access to a gargantuan amount of stolen data, frequently advertised in the underground as “cloud of logs."
- 12 ottobre 2020Our underground monitoring revealed several ways how criminals have been entertaining themselves during isolation, with normal activities that offer cyber-crime-related prizes.
- 06 ottobre 2020Bulletproof hosting (BPH) services have long been crucial parts of the cybercriminal infrastructure. How do they protect malicious activities, and how do cybercriminals use them to stay in business?