Business Email Compromise
- 26 mai 2016Austria-based Fischer Advanced Composite Components AG (FACC), a major designer and manufacturer of aircraft components and systems, falls prey to a business email compromise (BEC) scheme that cost the company over 42 million euros in losses.
- 08 avril 2016Following a spate of attacks on the healthcare industry, the education sector, and other service providers, personalized attacks embraced by profit-driven scammers are now utilizing various malware.
- 07 avril 2016The FBI issues a public warning on the surge of Business Email Compromise and online dating scams seen in recent reports.
- 24 mars 2016Tax information of 21,000 employees of Sprouts Farmers Market are at risk after a phishing attack successfully lured a payroll employee to send 2015 W-2 forms to an unknown recipient.
- 17 mars 2016A new Business Email Compromise (BEC) campaign has been found using $25 malware to target companies in the US, Middle East and Asia.
- 08 mars 2016Storage device manufacturing company Seagate, announced a successful phishing attack that placed a number of present and former employees at risk of potential tax fraud.
- 01 mars 2016Popular photo- and video-sharing app Snapchat announced they've been hit by a phishing attack that stole payroll information of former and current employees, and the details of their quick response.
- 26 janvier 2016In a world where cybercriminals devise devious social engineering and computer intrusion schemes to fool employees into wiring money, enterprises run a very serious risk of getting scammed via email.
- 11 janvier 2016The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) released a public service announcement earlier this year warning about Business Email Compromise (BEC) schemes. Here’s what you need to know, and what you can do to prevent attacks.