- 25 luglio 2014The most common cybercrime scenarios that users need to be wary of, and how to avoid them.
- 14 luglio 2014While network-connected smart grids and meters bring new, convenient features to the table, they also expose consumers to cybercrime. Here, we present the various scenarios by which smart meters can be attacked.
- 07 luglio 2014Adware are often regarded as low-risk threats, but adware companies can decide to discreetly load dangerous malware onto the computers on which their adware have been installed anytime. The spike in MEVADE/SEFNIT incidences shows how adware can pose great risk
- 10 maggio 2014These virtual black markets mostly thrive in forums or chat rooms where numerous cybercriminals act as anonymous businessmen who trade goods and services to make profit. And much like typical businessmen, they adhere to specific business models.
- 28 aprile 2014Established back in 2004, the Russian underground market was the first to offer crimeware to cybercriminals. Up to this day, it continues to thrive and evolve despite the evident drop in market prices.
- 14 aprile 2014An average person manages at least three social media accounts, the most prominent one being Facebook. With around 829 million users, it’s no surprise that cybercriminals have taken a liking to it. With an ever-evolving interface and features, bad guys have no
- 17 febbraio 2014The most immediate security risk to businesses and customers lies in accepting payments through a PoS system. The information customers hand over, if captured, can be used by cybercriminals to commit credit card fraud.
- 07 febbraio 2014NBC News teamed up with Trend Micro for a honeypot experiment designed to check the security of consumer-grade gadgets in time for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. The results show the need for tougher mobile security.
- 17 gennaio 2014Brazil is experiencing an influx of CPL malware, a malicious variant of .CPL, a legitimate Windows Control Panel file. Cybercriminals are currently repurposing .CPL files to spread banking Trojans targeting Brazilian users.