- July 09, 2018A new Rakhni variant was found with the ability to decide whether to install ransomware or cryptominers. It also has a worm component, installs spyware, and can disable Windows Defender.
- May 11, 2018Researchers discover SynAck ransomware family to be first to use Process Doppelgänging as evasion technique, making it more difficult and complicated for detection and analysis.
- April 30, 2018Security intelligence researchers found an ongoing spam campaign aimed at infecting as many systems as possible through simultaneous configurations and infection payloads.
- April 10, 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- March 23, 2018SAMSAM ransomware is suspected to hit systems used by the city of Atlanta's local services, causing outages on customer facing applications, including some that customers may use to pay bills or access court-related information.
- March 20, 2018As environments become progressively interconnected, threats become increasingly complicated. The top security events of the past year make this apparent — and their repercussions make the implementation of smart protections all the more important.
- March 20, 2018We looked into the state of email threats and security in 2017 to provide a clearer picture of what organizations are up against — and what can protect them.
- February 26, 2018We delved into 2017’s most notable threats to see what lies ahead in the mobile landscape, and what users and organizations can do to navigate it in 2018 and beyond.
- February 08, 2018Security researchers uncovered a new ransomware as a service named ShurL0ckr that reportedly bypasses detection mechanisms of cloud platforms.