- January 08, 2019We found a wave of MongoLock ransomware attacks that immediately deletes important files upon infection and scans the backup drives for data deletion.
- December 03, 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- October 29, 2018To move forward, we need to look into the past to figure out what the best course of action is. Take a trip down memory lane with this infographic to see how far we've come in securing the digital world.
- October 02, 2018Here’s a closer look at the challenges enterprises are confronted with when adopting a more robust cybersecurity strategy, and how managed detection and response can help address them.
- September 19, 2018New malware family Xbash combines multiple threats targeting vulnerable Linux and Microsoft servers. Combining multiple payload capabilities, enterprises are recommended to patch and monitor patching and recovery procedures to mitigate this threat.
- August 28, 2018A review of the first half of 2018 shows a threat landscape that not only has constant and familiar features but also has morphing and uncharted facets: Ever-present threats steadily grew while emerging ones used stealth.
- August 20, 2018We discovered spam mails abusing EGG (.egg) files to deliver the GandCrab v4.3 ransomware. Additionally, the operators behind the spam mails appear to be specifically going after South Korean users, as evidenced by the use of Hangul in the spam mails.
- July 24, 2018Security researchers uncovered that a version of Jigsaw, an old ransomware, has resurfaced as a bitcoin stealer. Its operators have already netted 8.4 bitcoins (US$66,807 as of July 24, 2018) using the repurposed malware.