- June 21, 2018Researchers found a new malware called MyloBot in the wild that features new attack and evasion techniques — as well as the ability to delete other existing malware in the infected system.
- June 19, 2018Syscoin's GitHub account was hacked to distribute modified versions of their software. Developers who executed Syscoin 184.108.40.206 are advised to change their unencrypted cryptocurrency wallet passwords and back up their files.
- June 15, 2018PyRoMineIoT malware infects systems with a Monero miner, spreads using RCE EternalRomance by removing or modifying accounts and passwords with privileged access, and scans for vulnerable Internet of Things devices for possible future attacks.
- May 30, 2018Recently discovered malware MnuBot is making the rounds in Brazil, targeting local banks and their customers with malware families commonly used for fraud in the region.
- May 29, 2018A persistent Monero-miner malware increases CPU activity and drains the batteries of Mac users, making the hardware prone to system slowdown and overheating.
- May 29, 2018Researchers reported that over a hundred Android devices had been preinstalled with the adware Cosiloon, affecting more than 18,000 gadgets in more than 100 countries.
- May 24, 2018VPNFilter malware has infected routers in more than 54 countries and can be used for attacks, intelligence collection, and destroying devices in a single command worldwide, affecting both enterprise and home networks.
- May 11, 2018Researchers discover SynAck ransomware family to be first to use Process Doppelgänging as evasion technique, making it more difficult and complicated for detection and analysis.
- April 10, 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.