- June 16, 2015Videogame mods are used as a way to tweak how a game looks, feels, and works. While not inherently bad, game mods do come with a fair share of risks. Case in point: recent incidents show that they're also being used as a way to deliver malware.
- May 27, 2015A recent string of website defacements call for the release of SpyEye creator Hamza Bendelladj, codename Bx1. Trend Micro, working law enforcement, facilitated his arrest in 2013. Two years after, how has this affected the war on cybercrime?
- May 26, 2015It's been around a decade since we've been introduced to ransomware. Let's take a stroll down memory lane to see how it has evolved through some of the notable cases we've tackled through the years.
- May 19, 2015The biggest incidents in the first three months of 2015 showed that even the most security-savvy users and organizations are not immune to security threats. See how they affected established security measures in the Trend Micro 2015 1Q Security Roundup.
- May 11, 2015A detailed look into the security threats in the ANZ region that were prevalent in 2014, as well as the various trends and user behavior that could have contributed or shaped its threat landscape.
- May 05, 2015How steganography is used by cybercriminals as a technique for hiding data in unexpected channels such as images or app icons, to avoid detection.
- April 10, 2015A closer look at a one-man operation that managed to steal more than 22,000 credit card numbers in a month using PoS malware. Learn more about the changing dynamics of the underground PoS malware economy in this research paper.
- April 08, 2015Security awareness is always the first step to digital safety. But what if cybercriminals used this sentiment to lure victims into downloading malware?
- March 24, 2015Sextortion operations aren't new, but a new modus operandi that makes use of malware and mobile devices is emerging in East Asia. This research paper offers an in-depth look at the operation, its perpetrators, as well as their tools and methods.