- November 26, 2015The recent US rollout of the EMV standard has America looking at their new cards, wondering what this new technology can do. With this new payment processing method, will we finally see a decline in fraudulent credit card activities?
- November 24, 2015Starwood hotels' point-of-sale (PoS) systems were found to be infected with info-stealing malware, compromising cardholder info and payment card numbers.
- November 17, 2015From big data breaches to attacks on mobile and PoS platforms, What can we learn from the past quarter's notable security stories? Are they early signs of bigger events to come?
- November 05, 2015A new crypto-ransomware variant is reportedly raising the stakes by threatening to publish its victims online if the ransom isn't paid. Can it actually do it or is it just a clever threat to force victims to pay up?
- November 03, 2015The explosion of data breaches and PoS RAM scrapers have shown that retailers will continue to be a prime target of attackers. Senior threat researcher Numaan Huq sheds more light on PoS malware, and other future threats.
- November 03, 2015PageFair confirmed a hack last Halloween weekend that rendered visitors of sites that used its free analytics service vulnerable to malware attacks.
- October 30, 2015Everyone knows about bots being described as a horde of zombies. But what about the other common threats? We dressed them up some in Halloween costumes to give them a festive face.
- October 27, 2015From new extortion schemes and IoT threats to improved cybercrime legislation, Trend Micro predicts how the security landscape is going to look like in 2016.
- October 12, 2015As merchants in the US adapt the new EMV payment system, should we expect to see less fraud cases? Could it have prevented the notorious Target breach of 2013?