- August 12, 2014Think all apps in your smartphone and tablet are secure? Our analysis on the FakeID vulnerability might change the way you use your apps.
- August 12, 2014Security issues such as the Heartbleed bug and a number of huge data breaches were the main attractions of the second quarter of 2014. Targeted industries and security companies responded in varying fashion, all in the name of protecting end-users.
- August 11, 2014Cybercrime using targeted attack methods, botnets, and web defacement - these are some of the threats that have evolved and are thriving in Africa. What used to be the originators of the 419 Nigerian scam have embraced and allowed new threats.
- August 07, 2014Trend Micro research found that the attackers who compromised Gizmodo Brazil used vulnerable WordPress plugins in the attack. WordPress users are advised to enforce strong passwords and study theme codes carefully before deploying them.
- August 06, 2014In 2013, retail chain Target was reportedly victimized by point-of-sales malware. After that, PoS malware creators show no signs of slowing as they continue to manufacture variant after variant.
- August 06, 2014Thinking and recalling strong passwords can be a challenge, especially for multiple accounts. If you don't want to trust your security to a password manager, here are a number of ways you can create strong passwords that you can remember.
- August 05, 2014Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA) is used by most malware to mask C&C activities. ZeuS/ZBOT variants of Gameover has upped the ante by employing a different DGA technique that makes detection more difficult.
- August 05, 2014If an attacker successfully exploits a vulnerability we found in older versions of Spotify for Android, the attacker can use this vulnerability to phish data. Spotify's prompt action to patch this vulnerability protects its users from this threat.
- August 04, 2014Evernote issues a patch for its Android app has been found to be vulnerable. In the course of our investigation, however, we found another vulnerability that Evernote has to look at.