- July 01, 2014Isolated heap, a method where IE prepares an isolated heap for objects in IE that are prone to the use-after-free vulnerability. Isolated heap does a number of steps in occupying the memory space vacated by the object.
- June 25, 2014Attackers have found a new use for Dropbox, apart from just hosting malware. This new tactic uses the PlugX remote access tool to download its C&C server settings using the free file storing service.
- June 21, 2014Signs operated by the North Carolina Department of Transportation were recently compromised by a hacker who changed them to read “Hacked by Sun Hacker Twitt Wth Me.”
- June 18, 2014Smart devices are becoming more available via broadband provider bundles and promotions, making it easy for consumers to shift from “dumb to smart.” We consider how tangible benefits and ease of use come to play with the adoption of smart technology.
- June 17, 2014A pattern emerges from the document exploits recently used by HORSMY, ESILE, FARFLI, and other targeted campaigns. Likely sourced in cybercriminal underground markets, this template exploit can be modified depending on what attackers need from their targets.
- June 16, 2014The smartification of the home becomes apparent when looking at networks then and now, prompting many to expect that billions of smart devices will go online in a matter of years. Here we look at the forces that can impact market adoption of IoE.
- June 11, 2014Industry players look at IoE as a way to reduce waste and inefficiencies. As developers come up with new gadgets, we are reminded of the security lessons that should be learned from IoE attacks so far and what can be done about them.
- June 04, 2014A new campaign inched closer to Japanese government and private entities with backdoor malware attacks on the commonly used word processing software Ichitaro. The ANTIFULAI campaign enters networks via clever email subjects, such as a job application inquiry.
- May 29, 2014Recent targeted attacks that send bogus emails from a Chinese newspaper were found targeting systems with Windows PowerShell installed. The PowerShell command line is typically found on Windows 7 onwards and is used to automate Windows applications.