- July 14, 2014There is no silver bullet that can handle all targeted attacks that prey on organizations with varying security demands. In this article, we discuss the use of heuristics and sandboxing as complementary technologies that can go a long way against attacks.
- July 13, 2014Phishing sites, scams, and fake mobile apps - these are some of the cybercriminal schemes Trend Micro researchers found when huge sporting events are underway.
- July 10, 2014We used to identify cybercriminals distinctly by the underground communities they belong to - Russia-based, Latin America-based, etc. In recent years, however, a significant shift in cybercrime operations brought to light the fact that these entities are now w
- July 08, 201423 reported vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer versions 6 to 11 are now resolved thanks to the July 2014 patch. Microsoft issues a total of six security bulletins - patches for various products and Windows operating system components.
- July 07, 2014The iPhone 6 September release became the subject of spammed messages that is actually a scam.
- July 07, 2014Trend Micro finds an alarming connection between malware and an adware host: a known adware company's server was found to contain MEVADE/SEFNIT malware.
- July 06, 2014The Internet of Everything may be the current mega trend for buyers and vendors of smart systems and gadgets. However, Trend Micro CTO Raimund Genes warns IoE users and developers alike to keep data security in mind.
- July 02, 2014A new strain of KIVARS malware used in targeted attacks now also works on 64-bit versions of Windows systems. This shows that threat actors remain attentive to the public's steady adoption of 64-bit processing systems.
- July 01, 2014Conficker/DOWNAD-affected computers have been observed to send spam that deliver other malware. In the second quarter of 2014, Trend Micro records show that over 40% of recorded spam data is attributed to Conficker/DOWNAD.