- August 04, 2014As big-named companies start using bitcoins for payment, cybercriminals follow suit. Exploiting bitcoin use is not new. Trend Micro CTO Raimund Genes expounds on the potential security issues of bitcoin use.
- August 01, 2014Like a thousand ways to skin a cat, there are a number of ways malware avoid detection. POWELIKS malware, for example, hides in the Windows registry. Trend Micro analyzes its behavior and makes sure that customers are safe from this malware.
- July 31, 2014People who want to secure their mobile data has likely either encountered or are using file locker apps. However, Trend Micro research shows that not all file locker apps work as advertised.
- July 30, 2014Cryptoblocker is seen spreading in the US, France, and Japan, among other countries. New ransomware variants, on the other hand, are cropping up in the wild. Trend Micro investigates these malware further.
- July 30, 2014A backdoor was at the tail-end of the July 2013 Gizmodo Brazil website compromise. Said backdoor was hosted in Google Drive, a legitimate Google service.
- July 29, 2014Trend Micro researchers found two critical vulnerabilties in Alipay, an app payment system popular in China. When exploited, the vulnerabilities allow attackers to manipulate app displays or create phishing pages to get data.
- July 29, 2014Transformers, 22 Jump Street, Godzilla - these are some of the movie titles that get our attention. Cybercriminals also use these titles to lure users into traps built into sites like Tumblr and WordPress.
- July 28, 2014Popular movies and sporting events are popular bait used by cybercriminals for phishing scams. Learn how you can tell whether a page is a phishing page or not.
- July 24, 2014The growth in spam volume during the first of half of 2014 can be attributed to the prevalence of threats that use spam as an infection vector. This include known threats like DOWNAD, UPATRE, and ZEUS/ZBOT.