- 17 mars 2015Online and offline threats abound during tax season. The latest: calls from fake IRS agents taking advantage of unsuspecting victims, reportedly scaring their victims into paying up.
- 06 mars 2015Cybercriminals are once again taking advantage of tax season, and besides phishing pages, they've got another nasty surprise up their sleeves for taxpayers in the ANZ region: Torrentlocker.
- 13 février 2015From quasi-historical plots, to gritty biopics, there’s no denying that the awards season is upon us. While the film race isn’t tidily cut-and-dried yet, find out what types of social engineering lures cybercriminals are using to trick excited fans.
- 12 février 2015Valentine’s day is coming up, and the Internet is starting to come alive with active threats that try to bait unknowing users with topics related to love or dating. Here are some of the most common that we found for the season.
- 05 février 2015V-day is still a week away but we've already found a variety of spam emails with Valentine’s Day used as keywords within parts of the messages.
- 29 janvier 2015The Superbowl is an annual spectacle that everyone wants to be a part of—even scammers and cybercriminals. We have already started seeing several spammed messages that use the upcoming Superbowl XLIX as bait.
- 08 janvier 2015There's a significant increase in the number of spammed messages with links that lead to various Russian dating sites. While these types of messages are fairly common, this recent wave is unusual in several ways.
- 21 novembre 2014Thanksgiving and shopping holidays are coming up, but cybercriminals work overtime during this season. This year, take the safe route and learn how you can avoid spam email and other online threats.
- 31 octobre 2014This Halloween, we’ve rounded up ten of the scariest tactics cybercriminals use to trick users into clicking on malicious links, open suspicious attachments, install fake software, and more.