Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- August 15, 2018Security researchers uncovered vulnerabilities affecting the speculative execution feature of Intel CPUs, similar to Spectre and Meltdown. Here's what you need to know.
- June 29, 2018Researchers discovered a WordPress core vulnerability that can allow attackers to gain control of web sites and execute arbitrary code.
- June 22, 2018Four vulnerabilities, including two critical ones, in Phoenix Contact switches used in industrial systems automation could be exploited for attacks. Affected companies are strongly advised to apply patches immediately.
- June 21, 2018Researchers found seven vulnerabilities in Axis cameras can be used for cyberattacks if exploited. While only POCs have been shown, customers are strongly advised to patch their firmware immediately.
- June 15, 2018PyRoMineIoT malware infects systems with a Monero miner, spreads using RCE EternalRomance by removing or modifying accounts and passwords with privileged access, and scans for vulnerable Internet of Things devices for possible future attacks.
- June 13, 2018A vulnerability found in websites’ cache infrastructure and content delivery networks can be used to spread malware, and an API vulnerability in Mozilla Firefox can be used to have partial control via plug-ins for a DDoS attack.
- June 01, 2018Server keys can be exposed due to proxy vulnerabilities in a popular development software program, making them prone to attacks and theft of sensitive information.
- June 01, 2018Vulnerabilities in the popular open-source management software Git could be abused to trawl contents of a repository memory and execute a code with a malicious hook.
- May 23, 2018Researchers reported that a bug in the Comcast website revealed a customer’s full address, Wi-Fi name and password, simply by entering the customer ID and a part of the subscription address.