Social Media Security
- February 03, 2015Understanding how social engineering is done, and the types of lures that are usually used, is the first step towards preventing them. Here's a look at the most popular lures used in 2014.
- January 28, 2015The idiom "sharing is caring" is still generally true, but on social media, oversharing can be risky. For International Data Privacy Day, we highlight the importance of protecting our privacy on social networks and what you can do to improve it.
- January 13, 2015The social media accounts of the US Central Command was compromised for 30 minutes. While the incident reportedly had no operational impact, it should serve as a lesson for people and organizations who control high-profile online accounts.
- December 26, 2014A collaboration between Trend Micro and Facebook found attacks that actively attempt to exploit an existing vulnerability. The attack targets Facebook users via a link in a particular page that leads to a malicious site.
- December 04, 2014A crop of new privacy issues are raised by revisions on Facebook and Twitter's terms and conditions, specifically in how they gather data for delivering tailored content. Exactly what are users sacrificing, and is it worth it?
- November 26, 2014This video explains the importance of spotting social media scams, why cybercriminals like to target social channels, and the ways you can avoid falling for them.
- November 20, 2014Relying on a social network site’s privacy settings is just the start, but there are other ways your personal information can leak out. Addressing these potential privacy risks can help you protect your data.
- November 04, 2014A lot of mobile apps and online services offer to protect your identity by promising to delete or encrypt your data or give you the option to turn off tracking. But is the concept of online anonymity really that simple?
- October 22, 2014Twitter is a very popular online social platform because it's lightweight, easy to use, and widely adopted. Unfortunately these reasons also make it a prime target for abuse. See how this is done, and how to avoid being a victim.