- July 22, 2014By targeting session tokens sent via SMS in an elaborate fashion, a cybercriminal gang is able to intercept two-factor authentication and get your banking credentials. This attack is dubbed Operation Emmental.
- July 15, 2014Cross-platform mobile threats are here to stay, and with their capability of jumping from a user's mobile device to their PC (and vice versa), protecting against them is a top priority.
- July 15, 2014Repackaged apps use lures such as using a legitimate/popular app's icon or name. This method allows these malicious apps to thrive in app stores other than Google Play. Trend Micro research shows that repackaged apps are crucial in proliferation of mobile malw
- July 15, 2014Nearly 40 of the top 50 free apps in Google Play now have fake counterparts available for download on both official and third-party app stores. These fake apps should not be taken lightly since cyberciminals are now using them in their schemes.
- July 10, 2014We used to identify cybercriminals distinctly by the underground communities they belong to - Russia-based, Latin America-based, etc. In recent years, however, a significant shift in cybercrime operations brought to light the fact that these entities are now w
- July 01, 2014Conficker/DOWNAD-affected computers have been observed to send spam that deliver other malware. In the second quarter of 2014, Trend Micro records show that over 40% of recorded spam data is attributed to Conficker/DOWNAD.
- May 15, 2014Despite having more than 50 million downloads, Flappy Bird's developer abruptly took the game down from app stores. The takedown resulted in the emergence of similar apps in app stores and even auctions for devices with the app installed.
- April 15, 2014We’ve seen 10 years of mobile malware. It’s about time we take a look at what may await us in the next 10.
- March 14, 2014There are a number of popular messaging apps available for your smartphone platform, but some come with risks. Here's how to safely use messaging apps so you don't compromise your security and privacy.