- March 24, 2015Sextortion operations aren't new, but a new modus operandi that makes use of malware and mobile devices is emerging in East Asia. This research paper offers an in-depth look at the operation, its perpetrators, as well as their tools and methods.
- March 24, 2015In an effort to prevent users from thinking that iOS 8 has exploitable flaws, Apple is reportedly cracking down on antimalware products in the iOS App Store. How will the move affect its users?
- March 19, 2015Cybercriminals are increasingly using malicious advertisements as a platform for spreading malware. Find out how they work how you can protect yourself from these online threats.
- March 16, 2015Exploit kits have been around since 2006, and have been continuously evolving to take advantage of vulnerabilities found on popular software. This research paper discusses what exploit kits are, how they work, and how they evolved over time.
- March 11, 2015This research paper discusses how PoS RAM scrapers infect systems and exfiltrate stolen data, and provides a list of strategies and techologies that can be used to defend against the threat.
- March 11, 2015Is your Android device updated? Here's a look into the different Android versions, the major flaws that affected them, and the new security features on the latest version.
- March 09, 2015BEDEP malware has recently gained notoriety in the threat landscape after it played a part in two different zero-day exploits affecting Adobe Flash in early 2015. This technical paper tackles its routines and capabilities, as well as its impact.
- February 27, 2015A year ago, we predicted that boundaries will be blurred when it comes to cybercrime and targeted attacks. With the steady rise of consumerization in the workplace, mobile devices will increasingly be abused to get to an attacker's target.
- February 26, 2015An Android Trojan app called PowerOffHijack, which originated from Chinese app stores, was found tricking users into believing that their devices were turned off though they're actually powered on.