- June 14, 2016A new ransomware called Apocalypse was recently discovered by security researchers. Here’s what we know.
- June 06, 2016CiCi’s Pizza, an American fast food business in Coppell, Texas with over 500 stores in 35 states appears to be the latest restaurant chain that got hit with a credit card breach.
- May 23, 2016Fake credit cards containing leaked data from a South African bank were reportedly used to illegally withdraw money in Japan, losing over 1.4 billion Yen in less than three hours.
- May 20, 2016An Ecuador bank says hackers stole about $12 million in a 2015 cyber heist, bearing all the hallmarks of the Bangladesh Bank theft earlier this year.
- May 20, 2016Cybercriminals known as the Skimer Group are reusing the malware they created to target ATMs seven years ago—posing a more sophisticated and advanced threat to banks and customers around the globe.
- May 03, 2016The corporate network of the server of the Lansing Board of Water & Light (BWL) in Michigan was reportedly hit by a ransomware attack that caused the company to shut down its systems.
Dark Motives Online: An Analysis of Overlapping Technologies Used by Cybercriminals and Terrorist OrganizationsMay 03, 2016Research on the common technologies used by cybercriminals and terrorists to benefit their cause, from the services they abuse to the tools they’ve homebrewed to streamline activities.
- April 01, 2016A new ransomware variant called KimcilWare was found targeting websites running the Magento platform.