- May 10, 2014These virtual black markets mostly thrive in forums or chat rooms where numerous cybercriminals act as anonymous businessmen who trade goods and services to make profit. And much like typical businessmen, they adhere to specific business models.
- April 28, 2014Established back in 2004, the Russian underground market was the first to offer crimeware to cybercriminals. Up to this day, it continues to thrive and evolve despite the evident drop in market prices.
- April 14, 2014An average person manages at least three social media accounts, the most prominent one being Facebook. With around 829 million users, it’s no surprise that cybercriminals have taken a liking to it. With an ever-evolving interface and features, bad guys have no
- February 17, 2014The most immediate security risk to businesses and customers lies in accepting payments through a PoS system. The information customers hand over, if captured, can be used by cybercriminals to commit credit card fraud.
- February 07, 2014NBC News teamed up with Trend Micro for a honeypot experiment designed to check the security of consumer-grade gadgets in time for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. The results show the need for tougher mobile security.
- January 17, 2014Brazil is experiencing an influx of CPL malware, a malicious variant of .CPL, a legitimate Windows Control Panel file. Cybercriminals are currently repurposing .CPL files to spread banking Trojans targeting Brazilian users.
- December 13, 2013When you think your avatar is all that outsiders can see on you gaming profile, think again. With today’s advanced online gaming consoles, the information you’re sharing might blur the line between reality and the virtual reality you’re playing in.
- November 15, 2013Trend Micro predicts the biggest security issues expected in 2014 for mobile banking, cybercriminals and targeted attacks, data breaches, Windows XP vulnerabilities, and more.
- October 29, 2013The Chinese market economy is undoubtedly booming. These days, however, China does not only rank highly for economic performance; it also continues to grow as a major player in the underground market for cybercrime products and services.