- November 11, 2015End-to-end encryption email service ProtonMail learned a costly lesson about cyber ransom tactics: just because hackers demanded a ransom, it doesn’t mean the attacks are going to stop once you pay up.
- October 27, 2015From new extortion schemes and IoT threats to improved cybercrime legislation, Trend Micro predicts how the security landscape is going to look like in 2016.
- October 13, 2015This research paper offers a glimpse into Japan's unique cybercriminal underground—it's economy, the cybercriminals' activities, and a marketplace characterized by the taboo, the illegal, and the vindictive.
- September 28, 2015From traditional credit cards to next-gen payment processing technologies such as EMV cards and mobile wallets, here's a look at how they work, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
- September 22, 2015A decade's worth of breaches has led to this. Forward-looking threat researcher Numaan Huq analyzes what has happened to the stolen data affecting major US industries. We map out the probabilities; see where the information goes and how much it's sold.
- August 18, 2015Attackers are finding more security gaps to abuse, whether they're in existing public-facing technologies or in new developments in the Internet of Things.
- August 17, 2015While not done for profit, hacktivism has forced companies and organizations to face critical security challenges. Find out what it is and how it evolved from being the “Internet’s voice” to one of today's biggest security threats.
- August 06, 2015Charity efforts continue to benefit those who are affected by disasters and tragedies, and works for those who are looking for supporters to back a cause. Find out how scammers leverage these unfortunate events to steal your money.
- August 01, 2015Details on how contactless RFID credit cards work, the technology behind it, its strength, and weaknesses.