- August 14, 2014Targeted attacks are designed to circumvent existing policies and solutions within the target network, making detection a challenge. To do this, IT administrators need to know what to look for, and where to check for signs of compromise.
- August 06, 2014A Russian cybercrime ring known to have been running underground operations since 2004 allegedly stole 1.2 billion Internet usernames and passwords from 420,000 websites, including Fortune 500 companies.
- July 28, 2014The PLEAD campaign is the second attack to target entities in Taiwan in the first half of 2014. Taiwanese agencies were also targeted in May using a Microsoft Word zero-day vulnerability.
- July 28, 2014The targeted attack campaign Esile was found in the second half of 2013 trying to spread backdoor malware inside the networks of East Asian governments, electronic manufacturers, and telecommunications firms.
- July 16, 2014In an ideal world, IT administrators go out of their way to protect the organization's information. However, even IT admins are prone to misconceptions that leave organizations vulnerable to attacks.
- July 12, 2014Ninety-six percent of enterprises think they know what targeted attack campaigns are. But studies show that more than half can't even differentiate between traditional threats and actual attacks. How far is enterprise perception on their targeted attack pr
- June 25, 2014Attackers have found a new use for Dropbox, apart from just hosting malware. This new tactic uses the PlugX remote access tool to download its C&C server settings using the free file storing service.
- May 26, 2014A new targeted attack campaign is waking up large numbers of industries via spear phishing emails. Promptly named, Siesta, the campaign sets in by “sleeping” first for varied time periods before moving on to eventually stealing valuable company data.
- May 26, 2014Attackers are finding more and more ways to exploit weaknesses, and now, we see the BLYPT backdoor family using blobs in its routines. Who are the targets of this new targeted attack campaign and how can it get in?