- October 03, 2014Earlier this year, a website was compromised and used to spread online baking malware to approximately 7,000 victims in a span of two hours. This video describes how the site was compromised, the details of the attack, and the capabilities of the payloads.
- September 26, 2014There are new reports that mention incidents of botnet attacks that leveraged Shellshock against certain institutions. A botnet is a network of infected computers/systems.
- September 15, 2014The backdoor malware MIRAS got an upgrade from just running in 32-bit Windows operating system versions to 64-bit ones, expanding its victim range to more users of the OS. MIRAS is the same malware family linked to attacks against a Europe-based IT company.
- September 14, 2014Threats analyst Bryant Tan shares some rules that IT administrators can proactively implement to set up “basic defense” for their network. These rules are not meant to cover all types of suspicious activity but are important in building a secure network.
- September 14, 2014A few rules that IT administrators can proactively implement to set up “basic defenses” for their network that are likely to be missed.
- September 11, 2014A list of five million Gmail accounts, paired with what appear to be passwords, was leaked in a popular Russian cryptocurrency forum.
- September 10, 2014Roughly a week after a massive batch of stolen and debit cards went on sale in the underground market pointing to a breach in large retail giant Home Depot, the company confirms that their payment systems have been compromised.
- September 04, 2014When attackers look at a target network, they focus on the flaws that they can exploit, then customize their attacks based on these. What can IT admins do knowing that the weakest link usually lie with people, passwords, and places that are considered secure?
- August 27, 2014United Postal Service (UPS) recently disclosed a widespread malware breach on 51 of its 4,470 franchise stores. This potentially compromised about 105,000 customer transactions between the period of March 26 and August 11, 2014 in most stores.