- October 29, 2014A new Shellshock attack targeting SMTP servers has been discovered. Attackers used email to deliver the exploit, which downloads and executes an IRC Bot.
- October 22, 2014Despite the availability of fixes related to the Sandworm vulnerability (CVE-2014-4114), new attacks related to this flaw are still being spotted. These attacks contain a new routine that could prevent detection.
- October 22, 2014This Trend Micro paper unravels a series of attacks that targets military officials and defense contractors. Dubbed as “Operation Pawn Storm,” the group of threat actors use two known attack vectors: spear phishing emails and a network of phishing websites.
- October 17, 2014A recent investigation revealed that the Sandworm zero day exploit could likely be used to target GE Intelligent Platform CIMPLICITY users. Find out what it does and how you can safeguard your systems against this emerging attack.
- October 16, 2014After beginning an investigation into the affiliated malware samples and domains used by the Sandworm team, we found that the group is likely targeting SCADA-centric victims using GE Intelligent Platform’s CIMPLICITY HMI solution suite.
- October 15, 2014The breach of investment banking firm JP Morgan Chase has caused the leak of one of the largest number of records to date, reportedly affecting an estimated 76 million households and 7 million small businesses.
- October 15, 2014Around a year after the massive Target data breach, two more well-known brands have confirmed that they have been breached through infected point-of-sale systems.
- October 14, 2014As agents of online hacktivist movements continue to target the websites of government, education, health, and other industries, what can web administrators do to prepare for them?