- March 18, 2016The US Federal Bureau of Investigation posted a warning about ransomware targeting companies and enterprises. How serious is this threat?
- March 07, 2016KeRanger, believed to be the world's first ransomware specifically designed to infect OS X machines has been found piggybacking on a compromised installer of a BitTorrent client.
- March 02, 2016A new ransomware variant has been discovered encrypting online files, as CTB-Locker for Websites is found to have infected over 100 WordPress-powered sites.
- February 23, 2016Researchers have discovered that Ransomware is now making its way to open-source content management platform Joomla, shortly after a malvertising campaign has been found targeting WordPress-hosted websites.
- February 19, 2016A new crypto-ransomware type called Locky has been discovered riding on document-based macros and using infection techniques borrowed from the notorious banking malware DRIDEX.
- February 15, 2016The networks of a Hollywood hospital have been crippled by a ransomware attack with a $3.6M ransom.
- January 29, 2016Another power provider just reported being hit by a “severe“ attack, barely a month after the Ukrainian power grid was brought down by malware.
- December 09, 2015The blog page of a leading UK media site, The Independent got compromised, potentially exposing users to ransomware. The blog, running on an out dated WordPress version, remains compromised
- December 09, 2015The blog page of one of the leading media sites in the United Kingdom, “The Independent” has been compromised, which may put its millions of readers at risk of getting infected with ransomware.More details at the Security Intelligence Blog.