- May 02, 2016A crypto-ransomware variant was spotted offering an alternative mode of payment to its victims besides the usual Bitcoin option: Amazon gift cards.
- April 20, 2016A new ransomware strain, CryptXXX, was recently discovered making its rounds since the tail-end of March.
- April 20, 2016Ransomware is a type of malware that prevents or limits users from accessing their system, either by locking the system's screen or by locking the users' files unless a ransom is paid.
- April 18, 2016A ransomware bill has been introduced calling for specific penalties for anyone connected to the spread of ransomware. Will it help curb the spread of seemingly endless ransomware variants?
- April 08, 2016Following a spate of attacks on the healthcare industry, the education sector, and other service providers, personalized attacks embraced by profit-driven scammers are now utilizing various malware.
- April 01, 2016A new ransomware variant called KimcilWare was found targeting websites running the Magento platform.
- March 31, 2016A new ransomware variant called SAMSAM was discovered targeting several hospitals.
- March 31, 2016Two more healthcare facilities fall to a crypto-ransomware attack as MedStar Health and Prime Healthcare get shut down by the cyber-extortion scheme.
- March 25, 2016Major security certification provider has been spreading TeslaCrypt, a ransomware that takes the victim’s files hostage via encryption. More details here.