- June 08, 2016For the many medium to large size companies interested in a single vendor suite solution that features cross-solution visibility and manageability, Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Complete is an excellent choice.
- June 08, 2016The University of Calgary was recently hit by a ransomware attack, forcing it to pay a ransom of $20,000 to restore access to affected files and systems.
- June 06, 2016A new ransomware variant named BlackShades has been discovered offering an alternative payment method via Paypal and adding hidden, taunting messages to those analyzing the malware.
- June 03, 2016CryptXXX gets updated again: it now has the capability to scan for network resources to encrypt files. It also includes a DLL malware that steals the user’s credentials and other related information
- June 02, 2016Developers of the CryptXXX ransomware has given the malware a new name and a major overhaul, this time on the victim’s user interface, ransom note and its payment website.
- May 30, 2016Researchers uncover a new ransomware campaign spoofing Nordic telco giant, Telia, via a spam run that leads to Torrentlocker infection.
- May 27, 2016Millions of Amazon.com customers are advised to be on guard with latest reports of a massive phishing campaign targeting users of the popular e-commerce platform with the Locky ransomware.
- May 25, 2016Two variants of ransomware just got new updates: CryptXXX 3.0, now with a new encryption algorithm, and Cerber, which can now turn infected computers into bots for DDoS attacks.
- May 24, 2016Two new ransomware variants have been spotted: BadBlock currently found infecting home users while DMA Locker has been found using the Neutrino exploit kit to distribute the malware.