- May 13, 2016PETYA ransomware strain reemerges to cause damage to users with a twin ransomware Mischa.
- May 11, 2016Newly-discovered ransomware strains, CryptXXX and 7ev3n, get major updates from malware authors.
- May 10, 2016Researchers discover a new ransomware strain that promises to donate earnings to charity.
- May 03, 2016The corporate network of the server of the Lansing Board of Water & Light (BWL) in Michigan was reportedly hit by a ransomware attack that caused the company to shut down its systems.
- May 02, 2016A crypto-ransomware variant was spotted offering an alternative mode of payment to its victims besides the usual Bitcoin option: Amazon gift cards.
- April 20, 2016A new ransomware strain, CryptXXX, was recently discovered making its rounds since the tail-end of March.
- April 20, 2016Ransomware is a type of malware that prevents or limits users from accessing their system, either by locking the system's screen or by locking the users' files unless a ransom is paid.
- April 18, 2016A ransomware bill has been introduced calling for specific penalties for anyone connected to the spread of ransomware. Will it help curb the spread of seemingly endless ransomware variants?
- April 08, 2016Following a spate of attacks on the healthcare industry, the education sector, and other service providers, personalized attacks embraced by profit-driven scammers are now utilizing various malware.