- July 05, 2016A new ransomware dubbed Zepto has been found being distributed via a massive spam campaign.
- July 01, 2016Millions of Microsoft Office 365 users were found to have been exposed to a Cerber ransomware attack.
- July 01, 2016Simple but (still potentially) effective: A new ransomware called Bart locks files in password-protected ZIP archives instead of using advanced encryption.
- June 27, 2016A new variant of the Jigsaw crypto-ransomware with an Anonymous-themed background has been found. This time, it demands US$5,000 in bitcoins.
- June 27, 2016The results of a security preparedness survey reveal that more than half of organizations aren't ready to defend against online extortion and data breaches.
- June 27, 2016Apart from understanding the ransomware tactics and techniques beyond encryption, it is equally important to understand how they arrive in the environment.
- June 23, 2016New ransomware strain dubbed Kozy.Jozy and another that targets the Zimbra Mail Store was discovered. Here’s what we know.
- June 22, 2016A primer discussing how ransomware leverages critical data to attack organizations’ security layers, and how to defend against the threat.