- May 30, 2016Researchers uncover a new ransomware campaign spoofing Nordic telco giant, Telia, via a spam run that leads to Torrentlocker infection.
- May 27, 2016Millions of Amazon.com customers are advised to be on guard with latest reports of a massive phishing campaign targeting users of the popular e-commerce platform with the Locky ransomware.
- May 25, 2016Two variants of ransomware just got new updates: CryptXXX 3.0, now with a new encryption algorithm, and Cerber, which can now turn infected computers into bots for DDoS attacks.
- May 24, 2016Two new ransomware variants have been spotted: BadBlock currently found infecting home users while DMA Locker has been found using the Neutrino exploit kit to distribute the malware.
- May 23, 2016The Kansas Heart Hospital in Wichita, Kansas was hit by a ransomware attack, but instead of getting the necessary decrypt tool after paying the ransom, the hospital got extorted a second time.
- May 20, 2016Cerber, a cypto-ransomware variant that made the rounds in early March this year, has been discovered using email as another way to distribute the malware,
- May 19, 2016The developers of the TeslaCrypt ransomware has decided to hang it up and released the master decrypt key for free.
- May 18, 2016A Tor website was found selling Locky ransomware for $3,000, as well as a “new generation” ransomware named Goliath that caters to rookie cybercriminals.
- May 16, 2016A spyware infecting Android devices since 2014 has been updated, resurfacing as a bank trojan that can lock mobile devices.