- June 14, 2016This infographic shows how ransomware has evolved, how big the problem has become, and ways to avoid being a ransomware victim.
- June 14, 2016A new ransomware called Apocalypse was recently discovered by security researchers. Here’s what we know.
- June 10, 2016How big has the ransomware threat become? Here are the numbers behind the rise of ransomware in the first half of 2016.
- June 08, 2016A recently discovered, low profile ransomware named Crysis is setting its sights to become TeslaCrypt’s successor following news that Crysis has become more prevalent than Locky.
Trend Micro InterScan Messaging Security now Protects you from Business Email Compromise, Ransomware, and More [blog]June 08, 2016For the many medium to large size companies interested in a single vendor suite solution that features cross-solution visibility and manageability, Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Complete is an excellent choice.
- June 08, 2016The University of Calgary was recently hit by a ransomware attack, forcing it to pay a ransom of $20,000 to restore access to affected files and systems.
New BlackShades Ransomware Accepts Payments via Paypal, Has Hidden Messages for Security ResearchersJune 06, 2016A new ransomware variant named BlackShades has been discovered offering an alternative payment method via Paypal and adding hidden, taunting messages to those analyzing the malware.
- June 03, 2016CryptXXX gets updated again: it now has the capability to scan for network resources to encrypt files. It also includes a DLL malware that steals the user’s credentials and other related information
- June 02, 2016Developers of the CryptXXX ransomware has given the malware a new name and a major overhaul, this time on the victim’s user interface, ransom note and its payment website.