Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- July 31, 2019Small planes were found vulnerable to attacks through their CAN bus components. DHS released a security advisory for owners and manufacturers to take steps against possible exploits.
- July 31, 2019Sophisticated software has helped industries grow and thrive in unmatched ways, but there are also risks and consequences that come with new technology.
- July 30, 2019The different threat scenarios that can happen to a smart home illustrate that compromised IoT devices can affect not just users' comfort and convenience but also their safety.
- July 29, 2019Hackers use fileless threats to take advantage of existing applications and attack systems. Here we discuss noteworthy events, techniques, and best practices that can help identify fileless threats and defend against attacks.
- July 23, 2019The US Department of Education released a security advisory on ERP vulnerabilities after 62 institutions were infiltrated, stealing students' IDs to create fake accounts.
- July 19, 2019A quick review of some of the most destructive cyberattacks and data breaches over the past few years show just how much damage unpatched vulnerabilities can inflict on an organization.
Nexus Repository Manager Vulnerabilities CVE-2019-9629 and CVE-2019-9630 Could Expose Private ArtifactsJuly 10, 2019Two vulnerabilities, assigned CVE-2019-9629 and CVE-2019-9630, were uncovered in Sonatype’s Nexus Repository Manager (NXRM) — an open-source governance platform used by DevOps professionals.
- June 26, 2019Kubernetes announced the discovery of CVE-2019-11246, a high-severity vulnerability affecting the command-line interface kubectl, during an ongoing third-party security audit.
- June 21, 2019Dell urges users to update the vulnerable SupportAssist tool built into its business and home machines. The privilege escalation vulnerability could allow hackers control over Dell computers running Windows, if left unpatched.