- May 09, 2018Equifax submitted a report outlining the extent of the 2017 data breach of their systems, stating that hackers stole approximately 2.4 million PII and document scans.
- April 02, 2018Data from five million credit and debit cards was put up for sale on the dark web last March 28. Security researchers investigating the sale traced the data back to Saks Faith Avenue and other stores under the Hudson's Bay company.
- March 21, 2018Orbitz, a travel booking website owned by Expedia, has been found with signs of a major data breach that may have exposed 880,000 customer credit card records.
- March 20, 2018As environments become progressively interconnected, threats become increasingly complicated. The top security events of the past year make this apparent — and their repercussions make the implementation of smart protections all the more important.
- January 25, 2018Bell Canada, one of the largest telecommunications company in the country, became the victim of a data breach after attackers managed to gain illegal access to its database.
- January 22, 2018OnePlus recently confirmed that its website was breached and up to 40,000 users had their credit card data stolen by cybercriminals.
- January 17, 2018Nigel Houlden of the U.K. Information Commissioner's Office advised that enterprises that fail to properly assess the risks of the vulnerabilities and patch them can face hefty fines as stipulated in EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- January 03, 2018The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) confirmed a data breach that compromised the information of 250,000 DHS individuals involved in ongoing DHS criminal investigations.
- December 20, 2017A year that saw major data breaches, including some notable ones from companies like Uber and Equifax, just saw another breach that will likely rank as among 2017’s most notable incidents.