News & Updates
- August 01, 2019This week, Cabarrus County, North Carolina, announced that it lost US$1.7 million to a BEC scam after a series of email exchanges that began in November 2018.
- July 31, 2019Small planes were found vulnerable to attacks through their CAN bus components. DHS released a security advisory for owners and manufacturers to take steps against possible exploits.
- July 31, 2019Sophisticated software has helped industries grow and thrive in unmatched ways, but there are also risks and consequences that come with new technology.
- July 30, 2019Social media is a content-rich platform many enterprises use, but how can InfoSec professionals and security teams use it to gather threat intelligence that they can use to protect their organizations?
- July 30, 2019The different threat scenarios that can happen to a smart home illustrate that compromised IoT devices can affect not just users' comfort and convenience but also their safety.
- July 30, 2019Organizations face a problem of dealing with threats that are not only becoming more complex but also becoming more abundant — thus taking a toll on security staff and their effectiveness.
- July 29, 2019Three ransomware attacks from last week caused notable disruptions on institutions from different public sectors, namely on an energy company, a law enforcement agency, and several public schools.
- July 29, 2019Hackers use fileless threats to take advantage of existing applications and attack systems. Here we discuss noteworthy events, techniques, and best practices that can help identify fileless threats and defend against attacks.
- July 26, 2019Threat actors are targeting Linux servers with vulnerable software, namely the project management tool Jira and the message transfer agent Exim, using a variant of the Watchbog trojan, which drops a Monero miner to expand their botnet.