News & Updates
- August 28, 2019Security researchers have discovered that attackers can abuse the Web Services Dynamic Discovery (WS-Discovery) protocol to launch massive distributed denial of service (DDoS) campaigns. Security researchers have issued a warning after seeing cybercriminals ab
- August 27, 2019A new ransomware family dubbed “Nemty” for the extension it adds to encrypted files has recently surfaced in the wild.
- August 27, 2019Our midyear security roundup highlights threats that made their mark in the first half of 2019, and provides security insights to help users and organizations determine the right solutions and defense strategies against them.
- August 23, 2019Contrary to their moniker, the Silence cybercriminal group has reported to be actively targeting banks and financial institutions in more than 30 countries, managing to steal US$4.2 million from June 2016 to August 2019.
- August 23, 2019An open-source ransomware variant is being used to target players of Fortnite, an online video game with 250 million gamers as of March 2019.
- August 19, 2019The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) recently reported that the systems of 23 organizations in the state, mainly smaller local governments, were affected by ransomware attacks.
- August 16, 2019In a survey commissioned by Trend Micro, majority of the respondents shared their concern for the risks in implementing DevOps. Learn why consulting IT security teams in the initiatives can help bridge gaps between production and security.
- August 15, 2019A look into the cybersecurity risks surrounding critical infrastructures integrated with industrial internet of things (IIoT), and the recommendations to mitigate against these threats.
- August 15, 2019About 23 GB worth of data consisting of 27.8 million sensitive biometric records was found exposed in a massive data breach involving biometric security platform BioStar 2.