News & Updates
- August 14, 2019Researchers observed APT group Cloud Atlas with a new malware campaign, combining modular and polymorphic routines for evasion and persistence.
- August 14, 2019Credential phishing continues to be a bane for organizations. In the first half of 2019, the Trend Micro™️ Cloud App Security™️ solution caught 2.4 million attacks of this type — a 59% increase from 1.5 million in the second half of 2018.
- August 12, 2019According to a new report, ransomware attacks against businesses increased by 363% percent year-over-year. There has also been a greater number of ransomware attacks targeting different public sectors and local governments since the start of 2019.
- August 08, 2019Another Mirai offshoot spotted: A variant of the Echobot botnet was found using over 50 exploits that lead to remote code execution (RCE), arbitrary command execution, and command injection in internet of things (IoT) devices.
- August 07, 2019We delve into how machine learning performs dynamic malware detection in a scenario where only a single malware sample is available.
- August 07, 2019According to a report by Accenture and the Ponemon Institute, on the average, financial organizations with 5,000+ employees each lose US$18.5 million in direct cybercrime costs.
- August 06, 2019There’s a new player in the exploit kit landscape. Dubbed Lord, this new exploit kit was initially seen delivering the njRAT malwarebefore distributing the Eris ransomware. Here's what you need to know about this threat.
- August 05, 2019Reports of SYRK and STOP ransomware variants encrypting files on infected machines started off the month. Meanwhile, ENTSCRYPT aka GermanWiper, is a fileless ransomware and wiper that makes file retrieval impossible.
- August 02, 2019Lodi, California confirmed that the phone line and data systems disruptions it suffered months back was caused by a ransomware. The ransomware entered the city’s system disguised as an invoice attachment in an email to city staff.