News & Updates
- September 10, 2019Cybercriminals who held to ransom the files of 22 Texas local government units for a combined ransom amount of US$2.5 million did not get a single cent, according to Texas state officials.
- September 09, 2019Metasploit has published an exploit for the BlueKeep vulnerability (CVE-2019-0708), a much-discussed critical weakness that affects older versions of Microsoft Windows. The "wormability" of BlueKeep makes it dangerous, and id successfully exploited,
- September 06, 2019Amidst news of the Satori author pleading guilty, researchers found over 600,000 exposed GPS trackers due to the use of a default password.
- September 05, 2019The complexity of container infrastructure, if not properly accounted for, can pose serious security risks. To minimize risks when building in containers, we came up with six steps that developers can follow.
- September 05, 2019An unusual case of CEO fraud used a deepfake audio, an artificial intelligence (AI)-generated audio, and was reported to have conned US$243,000 from a U.K.-based energy company.
- September 04, 2019A recently discovered email scheme reportedly deployed by a hacking group called ChaosCC claims to have hijacked recipients’ computers and recorded videos of them while watching adult content.
- September 02, 2019Dubai and Taiwan were hit by two separate ransomware attacks. Several hospitals in Taiwan and a Dubai-based contracting firm were affected.
- August 30, 2019Stolen cellphones can lead to stolen information and credentials through the combination of both traditional crimes and phishing attacks.
- August 29, 2019Cybercriminals are trying to scam Instagram users out of their login credentials via fake two-factor authentication notifications.