- June 15, 2017A South Korean web hosting company was hit by a Linux version of the Erebus ransomware. Here’s what you need to know about the threat and what sysadmins can do to defend against it.
- June 15, 2017The activity of Hidden Tear variants have been on the rise since March this year and there seems to be no signs of it stopping. Two more HT-based variants popped up this week.
- June 06, 2017Hidden Tear variants continue to proliferate, now more sophisticated and with new features. New ransomware also provides victims with more convenient payment options and more elaborate interfaces.
- May 30, 2017After the Week of WannaCry, the ransomware scene looks to be going back to normal, with both old and new variants making their presence felt.
- May 19, 2017WannaCry was the biggest story of the week, as the ransomware used the EternalBlue exploit to infect thousands of systems around the world.
- May 15, 2017WannaCry’s impact may still be palpable among organizations around the world, but a “kill switch” will help them keep the ransomware at bay. Here’s what IT/system administrators and InfoSec professionals can do.
- May 13, 2017Here’s what you need to know about this ongoing threat and what you can do to protect against it.
- May 12, 2017This week’s roundup of latest ransomware sightings: a spate of ransomware as a service, one that exploits hacked remote desktops, and the return of notorious mobile ransomware, SLocker.
- May 09, 2017File-encrypting malware that are still in development and ransomware that appear to take cues from older families highlight this week’s ransomware recap.