- October 25, 2017The Bad Rabbit ransomware is hitting organizations across Russia and Ukraine. Initial analysis shows that it is similar to Petya, which made headlines just this June. We take a look at how it spreads and encrypts its targets.
- October 17, 20172017 has seen a 2,502 percent growth in the ransomware dark web economy. The same research also found over 6,300 places where cybercriminals had advertised ransomware services, along with over 45,000 ads.
- October 02, 2017New developments in the ransomware landscape show that cybercriminals are still dedicating time and resources to improving old variants and creating new families. This week we see new capabilities that make ransomware an even bigger threat.
- September 21, 2017A large campaign is underway that i using spam emails to infect users with a LOCKY ransomware variant.
- September 15, 2017This week's recap covers CRYPSHED, as well as a campaign that delivers both LOCKY and FAKEGLOBE.
- September 11, 2017Major events shook the global threat landscape in the first half of 2017. Our midyear security roundup covers the old and the new, from ransomware and BEC scams to potential attacks against industrial robots.
- September 04, 2017The ransomware business continues to expand with the discovery of a ransomware development kit on underground forums.
- September 04, 2017Having infected 23 million emails in just the span of 24 hours, the new Locky campaign is now considered the largest to hit the second half of 2017.
- August 29, 2017The Defray ransomware targets specific companies from different industries, leveraging more sophisticated social engineering tactics than the typical ransomware.