Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- August 17, 2018Security researchers have been trailing the activity of cybercriminals who have waged a hijacking campaign on IoT devices, which aimed to steal the sensitive banking information of Banco de Brasil’s customers.
- August 14, 2018A new spam campaign uses classic tricks to lure clients of the Royal Bank of Canada.
- August 08, 2018With today’s ever-evolving threat landscape, data breaches are no longer isolated cases. Responding to and remediating data breaches calls for a proactive approach — something that managed detection and response (MDR) can provide.
- August 03, 2018Security researchers uncovered a cryptojacking campaign that exploits a vulnerability in MikroTik routers to inject a malicious version of Coinhive. Here’s what you need to know.
- July 30, 2018A new fileless malware utilizes Powershell and EternalBlue via WMI for propagation, infecting workstations and servers connected to a local server with a cryptocurrency miner and a DDos tool. Significant infections have been detected in North America and Europ
- July 25, 2018New typosquatting campaign targets Mac users and redirects them to download potentially unwanted applications.
- July 24, 2018Security researchers uncovered that a version of Jigsaw, an old ransomware, has resurfaced as a bitcoin stealer. Its operators have already netted 8.4 bitcoins (US$66,807 as of July 24, 2018) using the repurposed malware.
- July 18, 2018The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) issued a public service announcement (PSA) regarding the continued increase of Business Email Compromise (BEC) scams, which total global losses have already reached over US$12 billion in 2018.
- July 11, 2018Threat intelligence is one of the key aspects of security used to help organizations make decisions on how to combat threats. Through managed detection and response, organizations can take advantage of the threat intelligence capabilities of security experts.