Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- April 23, 2018Through the use of a proactive incident response strategy, organizations can minimize the impact of targeted attacks. Our primer titled “A Proactive Approach to Securing the Network From Targeted Attacks” details how this can be accomplished.
- April 23, 2018An emerging threat actor called Gold Galleon targets maritime shipping companies, related businesses, and their customers in business email compromise (BEC) and social engineering attacks.
- April 16, 2018Due to BEC’s evolving and treacherous nature, run-of-the-mill best practices and security solutions have become weak to withstand attacks. Find out how advanced solutions that utilize artificial intelligence and machine learning help in defending against BEC.
- April 12, 2018Security researchers uncovered a multi-stage attack chain that takes advantage of a design behavior in RTF files and a vulnerability in Microsoft Office (CVE-2017-8570) to deliver the Formbook RAT.
- April 04, 2018Security researchers reported that at least 1,000 websites running on the Magento platform were targeted via brute-force attacks to steal credit card data and install cryptocurrency-mining malware.
- April 02, 2018Data from five million credit and debit cards was put up for sale on the dark web last March 28. Security researchers investigating the sale traced the data back to Saks Faith Avenue and other stores under the Hudson's Bay company.
- March 27, 2018The authors of Trickbot continue to develop the already-troublesome malware by adding features designed to make it more difficult to counter.
- March 23, 2018SAMSAM ransomware is suspected to hit systems used by the city of Atlanta's local services, causing outages on customer facing applications, including some that customers may use to pay bills or access court-related information.
- March 21, 2018Orbitz, a travel booking website owned by Expedia, has been found with signs of a major data breach that may have exposed 880,000 customer credit card records.